After reading this article on allbusiness.com, I felt inclined to post here. The steps they outline here are noteworthy and worth taking heed to. Although, there are still a few steps that I am missing in
my marketing but I definitely plan to implement in the near future. Especially the e-newsletter and pay-per-click-advertising in which I think will make a significant difference in unique traffic.
1. Optimize Your Site’s Copy for Search Engines–Search engine optimization has become an industry unto itself in the past few years. The idea is to write your website’s copy in such a way that your site will appear high on the results pages of the major search engines (like Google and Bing) when users perform specific keyword searches.
2. Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising–Pay-per-click is often lumped with SEO as a website traffic-building tool, but they’re actually very different. With PPC, you purchase specific keywords and keyword phrases from a search engine on a pay-per-click basis.
3. Publish an E-Newsletter–Electronic newsletters are one of the best ways to drive qualified traffic to your website. When done correctly, they enable you to reach customers and prospects on a consistent basis and direct them to your website for more detailed information about your company, products, and services.
4. Write a Blog–Blogging is another way to drive qualified traffic to your website and boost your site’s ranking in the search engines. Blogs can be used to add more keyword phrase pages to your website, since the search engines view blog posts the same way they do other web pages.
5. Use Link Exchanges–Another factor search engine analytics consider in determining search result rankings is the number of links coming into and out of your website, known as inbound and outbound links. This makes link building a potentially effective tool for driving traffic to your website.
6. Participate in Social Media–While many social media platforms started off primarily for personal online socializing, businesses quickly got into the act and started using social media to drive traffic to their websites.
7. Promote Your Website Offline, Too–One of the most common and easily correctable mistakes businesses make when it comes to marketing their websites is not promoting their sites in their offline marketing materials.
8. Make Sure Your Site Looks and Reads Professionally–The preponderance of sites on the Internet makes it vital that your site be professional in how it looks and reads. Amateur-looking and poorly written websites stand out, but for all the wrong reasons.
9. Make Sure Your Site Loads Quickly and Easily–Another common website mistake many businesses make is building fancy, whiz-bang sites that have lots of bells and whistles but take a long time to load for most users. Research shows that the typical Internet user will wait no longer than two to four seconds for a website to load before giving up and moving on to another site.
10. Generate Positive Customer Reviews–Shoppers are relying more than ever on the reviews posted at sites like Kudzu and Yelp when deciding which companies to do business with. These sites allow customers to instantly post both praise and criticism of the products or service they received from virtually any business.
FINALLY affordable online video marketing services is available to help boost your business, increase website traffic, and increase sales.
Contact us for a custom designed newsletter today! Email Here!
View complete newsletter here
For those of you who are beginners, the first question you mights want to consider is, what is SEO? According to the dictionary definition, SEO refers to “The process of maximizing the number of visitors to a Web site by ensuring that the site remains high on the list of results returned by a search engine”.
In other words, SEO is just a fancy word for bunch of things that can make a website more or less important in a Search Engine’s (such as Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc) eyes and as a web master, you want your website to be the most important.
However, the first step in SEO requires you to actually get your website indexed or submitted into the search engines; because you can’t have rankings in something you are not a part of and that is what this article is going to be about.
Need a cost-effective way to market your business? We’ve got one word: Email.
Finding ways to create free publicity can be a tedious task. Though technology has provided many different avenues to promote your business one of the most time-tested methods of publicity is simply word-of-mouth. During tough economic times word-of-mouth recommendations for your products and services may produce the same result as an advertisement with out the cost.
While word-of-mouth is a great start you can always do more. Structure a campaign around the attributes of your business to create a buzz that will bring commitment to your product or service amongst the people with in your community. To save money, try using existing products, knowledge and resources.
One way to set your business apart from competitors is by becoming a trusted advisor in the subject that you specialize in. Contest and fundraisers are another good way to drive people to your business. These are unique because if organized properly they encourage good habits and build buzz at the same time. Contests and fundraisers often expose your good service and products to people who least likely to do business with you otherwise.
Keeping up with your clients is easier then ever before. Blog software and online newsletter services make contacting your client more efficient and less expensive. Internet applications such as these have transformed word-of-mouth communication to the point where one click of the mouse can reach thousands of potential customers.
Businesses are turning to Facebook, YouTube, blogs etc. to post customer reviews, information on new products and how-to tips. Customers appreciate free advice and when they need a service that your business offers, they are more likely to remember the name of your business.
Written by t.davis