What is a CDN
A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is a network of server localities that deliver your content in multiple locations. Normally, if someone visited your website, they’d pull all your locally hosted static files (images, js, css) off your server directly. Otherwise with a CDN setup, they would pull those static files from their closest CDN, so for example if you were in Texas, the files would be served from a locality in Texas or close to it. What this means is that the files would load quicker because they are served from that location. This means that the person surfing your website will view the page quicker.
The main advantage is an increase in the speed with which the content is delivered to the users. CDN users can therefore deliver high definition content with high Quality of Service, low costs and low network load. This can be images, video, streaming media and other types of dynamic media.
What is Amazon Cloudfront
Amazon Cloudfront is part of Amazon Web Services for content delivery. Cloudfront integrates with AWS to give developers and business an easy cost effective way to distribute content to users or web surfers with low latency, and high data transfer.
Some other benefits using a CDN:
- Distributed data centers – Most CDN’s provide localized data centers which are closer to the user in return making page load time faster.
- Boosts performance and saves money – The CDN helps disseminate the load, saves bandwidth, increase performance and can reduce your existing hosting cost–mainly if you have a high traffic website.
- Files may be pre-cached - If someone visiting your page has already visited a site using the same CDN, the file has already been cached by your browser and want have to be downloaded again.
Are you ready when opportunity strikes? Investing in yourself now pays big dividends later. There is hardly a business or organization that claims to have too many good leaders. Usually, it is just the opposite: Companies and organizations are desperate for proven leaders. And, small businesses are hurting because of poor leaders. It’s easy to just say that “I am a leader”.
It is said that great leaders require vision, discipline, character, discernment, ethics, people skills, and problem solving skills. These are skills that do not develop overnight. Leadership is a process, not an event.
Economy Package: Focus on your business let us serve your clients online.
The Economy Package is setup for the busy business person that wants to focus on building their business. Let us handle the things that you don’t want to! Click image below to view.
Start-Up Plan: $99 Setup, $9.95/mo
– Consist of a 2 Page Website – Includes Domain Name, Hosting, E-mail, Updates & Maintenance of 1 Update per month.
Basic Plan: $199 Setup, $9.95/mo
– Consist of a 5 Page Website – Includes Domain Name, Hosting, E-mail, Updates & Maintenance of 1 Update per month.
Enhanced Plan: $299 Setup, $9.95/mo
– Consist of a 8 Page Website – Includes Domain Name, Hosting, E-mail, Updates & Maintenance of 1 Updates per month.
Low Cost link building services, Website Design in the form of a variety of packages catering to both small and large websites.
Additional maintenance available upon request.Get Quote
Why have you been so successful in reaching some of your goals, but not others? If you aren’t sure, you are far from alone in your confusion. It turns out that even brilliant, highly accomplished people are pretty lousy when it comes to understanding why they succeed or fail. The intuitive answer — that you are born predisposed to certain talents and lacking in others — is really just one small piece of the puzzle. In fact, decades of research on achievement suggests that successful people reach their goals not simply because of who they are, but more often because of what they do.
The nine things below, I have taken from HBR and put my input and how I think this can help us become better all around. My words are in the blue. Leave a comment and let us know your thoughts.
1. Get Specific–Knowing exactly what you want to achieve keeps you motivated until you get there. Also, think about the specific actions that need to be taken to reach your goal. Just promising you’ll “eat less” or “sleep more” is too vague — be clear and precise. As simple as this may sound, you will be surprised at how many of us out there don’t have a concise idea of what we want to do.
2. Seize the moment to act on your goals–Did you really have no time to work out today? Achieving your goal means grabbing hold of these opportunities before they slip through your fingers. Although, we know it’s not the truth; why does it sounds believable to the one you are telling it to. Well, a lot of times this is because, they are looking for excuses also to justify why they are not following through with their goals.
3. Know exactly how far you have left to go – Achieving any goal also requires honest and regular monitoring of your progress — if not by others, then by you yourself. Isn’t it funny how we can lie to ourselves and we would disassociate with others who lie to us? Be honest with yourself, make it happen.
4. Be a realistic optimist–Most goals worth achieving require time, planning, effort, and persistence. Studies show that thinking things will come to you easily and effortlessly leaves you ill-prepared for the journey ahead, and significantly increases the odds of failure. WOW! I guess this is a wake-up call. Something that I need to take heed to. I think the psychology and how you approach things has the greatest resolve.
5. Focus on getting better, rather than being good–Embracing the fact that you can change will allow you to make better choices, and reach your fullest potential. People whose goals are about getting better, rather than being good, take difficulty in stride, and appreciate the journey as much as the destination. Priceless!
6. Have grit–Grit is a willingness to commit to long-term goals, and to persist in the face of difficulty. Focus factor is another word for this, for me. I think we tend to sway and get off track by the simplest things, especially if the goals are not needed at that present time.
7. Build your willpower muscle–To build willpower, take on a challenge that requires you to do something you’d honestly rather not do. Give up high-fat snacks, do 100 sit-ups a day, stand up straight when you catch yourself slouching, try to learn a new skill. When you find yourself wanting to give in, give up, or just not bother — don’t. This is another way for saying self discipline . Stay pushing and moving forward, even when we are not feeling like it. This will build your willpower and also builds character in ways never before seen.
8. Don’t tempt fate–Don’t put yourself in harm’s way — many people are overly-confident in their ability to resist temptation, and as a result they put themselves in situations where temptations abound. Successful people know not to make reaching a goal harder than it already is. We call this being humble and making good decisions. In order words, don’t get big headed!
9. Focus on what you will do, not what you won’t do–Do you want to successfully lose weight, quit smoking, or put a lid on your bad temper? Then plan how you will replace bad habits with good ones, rather than focusing only on the bad habits themselves. Focusing on the solution and not the problem, simply does it for me. Why would you continue to think about the problem that has already happened. Now it’s time to think and plan on how we can reverse it.
Go Here to read full article: http://blogs.hbr.org/cs/2011/02/nine_things_successful_people.html
Today is Thursday March 1, 2012. Thursday Technology review is what it’s called here @ JnairbDesign. After I could not maintain a stable connection to my son’s Nintendo Wii anymore or to the Playstation, I knew it was about time to upgrade my insisting Netgear router. After purchasing the Netgear N600 and having time to test and use this equipment, I am really glad that I did. Netflix is better because of the N600 and Youtube streaming doesn’t lag like before.
Now whether you in to technology or not; I am sure that you have wireless internet in your home and if so, you may need this, if you do. Do it right the first time. Plus, the setup and configuration is fairly easy. The Wireless Protected Setup (WPS)–invoked via a button on the front of the unit– worked great. The two range 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz works great while streaming multimedia and in my opinion is flawless. No skips or hiccups.
If you choose, you have access to \\readyshare file sharing which is on the ReadyShare network. For my audience this may be too much tech jargon for you and I will not go too deep into this but the WNDR3700 is an excellent product once configured, and I don’t think there’s no better performing small or home office-class Wi-Fi router available. Netgear’s 4-port gigabit, simultaneous dual-band WNDR3700 Wi-Fi router proved a satisfying experience.
While I am in the market for a camcorder, I am undecided what I will be able to afford. Right now, I am looking at the Canon Vixia HF M30. Speaking with the sales rep, he tells me this is one of the best buys for your dollar. As I am tinkering with this camera, It reads that it delivers a very good blend of video quality, features, and performance for the money. Although, I do think the touch-screen can be a bit more easier to use.
The Canon VIXIA HF M30 Dual Flash Memory Camcorder features an 8GB internal flash drive and an SD memory card slot. That will allow you to record up to 3 hours of clear high definition video to this 8GB flash drive. This feature may be hard to beat. Three hours of HD video is a lot of video, considering the quality of the video will be very crisp and clear. This is a big plus for me.
The video is of the highest quality and is said to record at outputs of 1920 X 1080, so you get Full HD from lens to screen. Not to mention the images are capture in HD also. So, this is another two for one deal. If you want to take a photo, then you have that option here. However, the camera is only shooting a 3.3 megapixels. The camera has a built-in video light that enhances your ability to shoot in low light situations.
Although, I could only test this in the store, I found the zoom to fairly decent. It also has a built in image stabilization that is better than your average camera.
So now I come home and begin to do some research over the internet and surprisingly enough, the camera has better than average reviews online. I have not made up my mind as to which camera I will get but this is one that I am leaning towards. I am not sure if I want to afford the $600 price tag. I mull if I would use this camera enough. But, it appears that the overall quality and performance of this camera is great for the price. I will continue to research and review before I make this purchase. If anyone has this camera, leave comments below on what you have experienced.
Keyword research is the core of any search engine optimization or link building strategy, since the keywords you pick during
the research will be included in your website. This is how you let customers know that it is you that has what they are looking for. The keywords that you use are another way of saying “Hey, Over Here!” I got what you need.
Doing Keyword Research is one of the first things that you should do to for your website before you start to promote or market it online. There are many companies that offer this service and some are free do it yourself, but before you go out here and choose what you think to be the hottest keywords in your market there are a few things that you should know.
Choosing the right words to use as your keywords is key to successful searches and drawing more customers to your website. So, how is it possible to find the right words to use? As I said, there are a number of companies who are willing to help you determine this information. But, choosing very commonly used keywords will get you nowhere. For instance, choosing a keyword that many other sites already use heavily means that your chances of having that keyword pop up your site is small. So, strategically choosing the right words are important.
Hot keywords mean heavily searched keywords. So, if this is the case then why not choose the heavily searched keywords. Well, because the gurus in your market probably have got those hot keywords on lock down.
Here is what you need to do to run a solid keyword research:
- pick valid initial keywords
- search from the point of view of your potential customers
- get the most possible amount of keyphrases
- keep the keywords that will attract the target audience
- pick the small-medium competitive keyword phrases
- spot the topics for your content (site pages, articles, blog posts, press releases, etc)
- write website content
The core of any Search Engine Optimization strategy is Keyword research, since the keywords you pick during the research will be included in your website. There are a lot of companies that will do keyword research for you as well. Instead of recking your brain to figure it all out and ending up with poor results, let us handle the heavy lifting for you. Visit us online at jnairbdesign.com for more insightful articles
6 Inspirational Quotes From Legendary Billionaires
design. And, then I said a lot because every website that I have created for a person or business was through some form of inspiration for both them and I. “Nothing Great Was Ever Accomplished Without Inspiration!”
Below are some of my favorite and some of the most powerful business and motivation quotes stated by innovators in their respected fields. A very diverse group of quotes playing on everything from our need to believe, taking ideas from the customer, self confidence and self doubt. Maybe it’s time to re-program you mental
You can’t just ask customers what they want and then try to give that to them. By the time you get it built, they’ll want something new ~Steve Jobs, CO-Founder of Apple
How true is this? Very! Because, most times the customer is not even exactly sure of what they want. From my experience, and dealing with clients, they mostly want you to be creative and give them ideas. So are they really telling you what they want or are they rhetorically speaking?
Only those who are asleep make no mistakes. ~ Ingvar Kamprad, Founder of IKEA
As long as you are moving forward, persisting, then there is always mistakes to be made. We all know the saying, we learn from our mistakes. In fact, if you making mistakes, this is when you know you are making progress.
When you live for others’ opinions, you are dead. ~ Carlos Slim Helu, CEO of Telmex, América Móvil, Grupo Carso
I found this to be so relevant today. So many of us are not sure of ourselves. Why is this? It is ok to get other opinions, but when you live for others and what they say, this is a sin against yourself and also dangerous in itself. Also, I think this plays into lacking self confidence and not being not sure of yourself.
I just love it when people say I can’t do it, there’s nothing that makes me feel better because all my life, people have said that I wasn’t going to make it. ~ Ted Turner, Founder of CNN
When people tell you that something is not going to work, this should be motivation in itself to make you go out and persist.
You become what you believe. You are where you are today in your life based on everything you have believed. ~Oprah Winfrey, CEO of Oprah Winfrey Network
This is true in and of itself. We must first become mentally, the person that we wish to become physically. In order to progress and have any type of success, we must believe in belief itself. Meaning: You have to really whole heartedly believe what you believe in!
We’re going where no one has gone before. There’s no model to follow, nothing to copy. That is what makes this so exciting. ~Richard Brandon, Chairman of Virgin Group
This one here has to be one of my favorite. Because in today’s society, so many people are playing follow the follower. There are very few true leaders out there today. If you follow your own path, there you can’t go wrong! And you will find so much more about YOURSELF that you didn’t even know.
Read more quotes here: http://www.businessinsider.com/11-inspirational-quotes-from-legendary-billionaires-2012-2#you-cant-just-ask-customers-what-they-want-and-then-try-to-give-that-to-them-by-the-time-you-get-it-built-theyll-want-something-new-7
After reading this article on allbusiness.com, I felt inclined to post here. The steps they outline here are noteworthy and worth taking heed to. Although, there are still a few steps that I am missing in
my marketing but I definitely plan to implement in the near future. Especially the e-newsletter and pay-per-click-advertising in which I think will make a significant difference in unique traffic.
1. Optimize Your Site’s Copy for Search Engines–Search engine optimization has become an industry unto itself in the past few years. The idea is to write your website’s copy in such a way that your site will appear high on the results pages of the major search engines (like Google and Bing) when users perform specific keyword searches.
2. Use Pay-Per-Click Advertising–Pay-per-click is often lumped with SEO as a website traffic-building tool, but they’re actually very different. With PPC, you purchase specific keywords and keyword phrases from a search engine on a pay-per-click basis.
3. Publish an E-Newsletter–Electronic newsletters are one of the best ways to drive qualified traffic to your website. When done correctly, they enable you to reach customers and prospects on a consistent basis and direct them to your website for more detailed information about your company, products, and services.
4. Write a Blog–Blogging is another way to drive qualified traffic to your website and boost your site’s ranking in the search engines. Blogs can be used to add more keyword phrase pages to your website, since the search engines view blog posts the same way they do other web pages.
5. Use Link Exchanges–Another factor search engine analytics consider in determining search result rankings is the number of links coming into and out of your website, known as inbound and outbound links. This makes link building a potentially effective tool for driving traffic to your website.
6. Participate in Social Media–While many social media platforms started off primarily for personal online socializing, businesses quickly got into the act and started using social media to drive traffic to their websites.
7. Promote Your Website Offline, Too–One of the most common and easily correctable mistakes businesses make when it comes to marketing their websites is not promoting their sites in their offline marketing materials.
8. Make Sure Your Site Looks and Reads Professionally–The preponderance of sites on the Internet makes it vital that your site be professional in how it looks and reads. Amateur-looking and poorly written websites stand out, but for all the wrong reasons.
9. Make Sure Your Site Loads Quickly and Easily–Another common website mistake many businesses make is building fancy, whiz-bang sites that have lots of bells and whistles but take a long time to load for most users. Research shows that the typical Internet user will wait no longer than two to four seconds for a website to load before giving up and moving on to another site.
10. Generate Positive Customer Reviews–Shoppers are relying more than ever on the reviews posted at sites like Kudzu and Yelp when deciding which companies to do business with. These sites allow customers to instantly post both praise and criticism of the products or service they received from virtually any business.
This is part of my Technology Thursday series from JnairbDesign. Check back for more informative articles on technology.
This week I got a chance to take a look at the Nikon D7000 which is considered the most advance camera from Nikon at any price. Depending what your goals are for photography, the price is a no-brainer, for what this machine does. I guess this is why it was sold out when initially introduced.
Now, I am by no means a professional photographer but recently I got a chance to hold the D7000. If you are into cameras or not, you will definitely love the way this thing feel. I put it like this, it will make you want to foray into photography. You can bet this is a paparazzi’s dream come true. A small business in and of itself; this is all you need for high resolution photos and HD video on the go. The pictures you will get with the D7000 will simply look better than anything that you will ever get from any other digital camera out today.
With the new CMOS sensor, and 16.2 megapixels on the chip; it uses the maximum image size of 4928×3264 pixels. All I can say is WOW! Not to mention the 1920X1080 high definition video specs for a maximum of 20 min recording on each shoot. This is your 2 for 1 bang here, for all those who like to see their money work for them. Did I mention the convenience of only caring one device for varies jobs? There is an interface for an optional GPS unit plus a wireless (and Internet connection) for data transfer.
The colors are great, shoots great under low lighting conditions. If you don’t know, now you know; we all know that professional photography can get expensive but the D7000 is considered to have more resolution than any other Nikon under $7500. I think that say enough alone. Bang for your buck!
If you’re in the market for a camera, stop by Bizrate for the best deals. Especially, if you have lenses already and just need to pick-up a body.